Makes: a 24 layer half moon cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus chill time
Cook Time: 40 minutes
for the crepes:
- 3 tbsp butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop simply tera’s® organic whey protein, bourbon vanilla
for the whipped cream:
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
assorted fruits, for topping
- combine all crepe ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. blend on high for 30-45 seconds until the batter is smooth. transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least an hour and up to 1 day.
- when you are ready to make the crepes, heat an 8” skillet over medium heat. coat the bottom of the pan with butter and add 3 tbsp of batter to the hot pan. gently tilt and twirl the pan until the batter forms a very thin layer over the bottom of the pan. cook for 3-4 minutes, until the bottom of the crepe is set and golden. flip the crepe and cook for 1-2 more minutes, then transfer to a plate. repeat with the rest of the batter, coating the pan with more butter after each crepe.
- to make the whipped cream, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- to assemble, stack all of the crepes and slice in half down the center. place one half of a crepe on a serving platter or cake stand and top with 1 tsp whipped cream. spread the cream into a thin even layer and then top with another crepe. repeat, stacking the crepes with whipped cream until you have a 24-layer cake.
- top the cake with the remaining whipped cream and smooth with a spoon. top with fresh fruit and chill for 1 hour before slicing and serving.