Makes: 8 granola bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: at least 1 hour
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup simply tera's organic dark chocolate whey protein
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper, leaving about 1" of overhang. set aside.
- in a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, honey, coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- add the oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, salt, and protein powder and stir until everything is well-combined and no dry spots remain. add the miniature chocolate chips and stir again to distribute.
- transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and use your hands to press it into an even layer. chill for at least an hour, until set.
- when the bars are completely set, remove them from the pan by lifting the edges of the parchment paper. use a sharp knife to slice them into 8 even pieces. wrap bars individually in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.