- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- ⅔ cup strawberry preserves
- 1 scoop simply tera's organic whey protein, bourbon vanilla
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Belvoir Farms Elderflower & Rose Syrup Mixer
- Foliay Jim Bits Rainbow Sprinkles, to top
- preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- in a small bowl, mix the strawberry preserves and simply tera's organic bourbon vanilla whey protein powder until it is fully combined. set aside.
- using a sharp knife, cut each thawed puff pastry sheet into 6 rectangles, a total of 12 rectangles.
- add about 2 tbsp of the protein strawberry preserve mixture to half of the rectangles then lay the remaining 6 rectangles over the filling. use a fork to seal all sides.
- place the pastries onto a parchment lined baking sheet then brush the tops with water.
- bake the pastries for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes then carefully move the pastries to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- while the pastries are cooling, make the icing by combining powdered sugar and Belvoir Farms Elderflower & Rose Syrup Mixer in a mixing bowl. spoon the icing over the cooled pastries than sprinkle with Foliay Jim Bits Rainbow Sprinkles. allow to set at room temperature for a few minutes then enjoy.