Makes: about 18 protein balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup oats, divided
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup simply tera’s organic whey protein, dark chocolate
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, chopped (or mini chocolate chips)
- Put 1/2 cup of oats in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds until oats are broken down into a coarse flour-like consistency.
- Add the flax, whey protein powder, salt, peanut butter, vanilla, and honey. Continue to pulse until everything is well-combined and begins to clump around the blade.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the chocolate pieces and remaining 1/4 cup oats with a wooden spoon.
- Use a 2 tsp sized cookie scoop to scoop balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate. Roll gently in your hands until smooth and then chill for at least 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.