Protein is necessary for keeping up your energy and maintaining good health. When you need a protein boost, it's important to find snacks that will fill you up and take the edge off your hunger. At simply tera's, we can help you find the right recipes! These four protein-packed snacks are easy to make, can be consumed at any time of the day and can help stave off hunger between meals. Enjoy!
This two-step recipe requires you to roast oats before mixing together all the ingredients and baking. Roasting oats is quick and easy, and can be done well in advance of making the actual protein bars.
- 2 1/4 cup oats (raw or roasted)
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pepitas or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried berry blend
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 scoops simply tera's Bourbon Vanilla or Plain protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- Spread oats in a shallow layer in a baking pan, then bake them at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir the oats occasionally then remove them and allow them to cool.
- Coat an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together honey, mashed banana, peanut butter, applesauce and brown sugar.
- Add baked oats, protein powder and vanilla extract.
- Add nuts, dried berry blend, flax seeds, cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow the pan to cool, then cut into bars.
There's nothing simpler and more rewarding than blending a bunch of ingredients together to make a smoothie! This delicious smoothie is perfect for an afternoon snack, an early morning breakfast, or even something quick to drink before bed. Gingerbread is the perfect autumn or winter flavor, but you can enjoy this smoothie at any time of year. Because it's a smoothie, it's also easy to adapt this recipe to your tastes - just substitute one ingredient for another as needed.
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, ground
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves, ground
- 2 scoops (1 serving) simply tera's Plain whey protein
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- Blend all the ingredients together. Serve cold, as soon as it's ready. Do not wait to serve, as the ice will melt and the smoothie will become thinner.
Are you looking for something delicious to eat after dinner or between meals? This very filling snack is perfect for eating any time. We recommend popping these little protein bites into your child's lunch box or into the lunch bag that you're taking to work. This recipe is delightfully simple, so you can easily make it even if you have a busy schedule.
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (use dairy-free/vegan/chocolate chips if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt if your peanut butter is unsalted
- 2 scoops simply tera’s Organic Dark Chocolate Whey Protein
- Mix together every ingredient on the ingredients list.
- Form the ingredients into small balls, about one inch in diameter. The dough will be crumbly, but still capable of forming a cohesive ball.
- If the dough is too crumbly to form a ball, add a little water to help the dough stick together more easily.
- Refrigerate the balls for up to a week, or freeze.
There's nothing quite like a combination of raspberry and white chocolate chip protein muffins. Our protein muffins are filling and delicious, making them the perfect breakfast food - or a great snack when you want something to fill you up. Tangy raspberry adds a zip to this delicious recipe, while the white chocolate chips takes the edge off.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops simply tera's Bourbon Vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips - white
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh - washed and dried)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla, almond extract and whey protein in a small bowl.
- Add the sugar, white chocolate chips, powder, baking soda and flour in a large mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients until they're well combined, then set them aside.
- Dice the raspberries.
- Dip the raspberries into the flour. Cover the raspberries.
- Gently fold raspberries into the batter.
- Add liners to the muffin pans. Put batter in the muffin liners and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, then let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Put the muffins on a wire rack and let them cool.
- Serve the muffins or store them in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Good luck making these easy protein recipes. Protein powder recipes are filling, healthy and help fill your stomach between meals! Enjoy!