- Carrington Farms Ghee Cooking Spray
- 5 tbsp. Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop pure whey protein, bourbon vanilla
- 1cup sour cream
- ½ cup your favorite strawberry or other berry jam
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 6 tbsp. granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- preheat the oven to 425° and place the rack in the middle of the oven. lightly coat your muffin pan with Carrington Farms Ghee Cooking Oil Spray. mix Carrington Farms Coconut Oil, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium-low speed. scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again just to incorporate. add the 2 large eggs, increase speed to medium, and beat for about 1 minute or until incorporated. add baking powder, a scoop of simply tera’s pure whey protein bourbon vanilla, baking soda, salt, and vanilla and beat until combined and creamy.
- add flour in 3 additions, alternating with sour cream in 2 additions, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined. when the last batch of flour is nearly incorporated, mix in any remaining dry bits by hand.
- scoop batter into each muffin cup using a 1 tbsp measure. using a damp finger, flatten each into a mostly even layer with a slight dip in the center. place 2 tbsp of jam in the center, and top the remaining space with the batter. bake muffins until golden brown, 17–19 minutes. transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- while the muffins are cooling, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; set aside.
- finely grind strawberries. transfer strawberry powder to a small bowl and mix in sugar and a pinch of salt. place the powder in a shallow bowl or plate.
- gently remove the muffins from the pan and place on wire rack. brush sides of a muffin with butter and roll in strawberry sugar to coat. brush top with butter; sprinkle with more strawberry sugar to make sure all the muffins are coated. add additional strawberries to the coating as needed.