- 2 cups butter softened
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups simply tera's pure whey protein, bourbon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or coarsely chopped white chocolate
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts optional
- 3 cups fresh or frozen* cranberries rinsed and patted dry
- heat the oven to 350 degrees. line a 9x13" baking dish with a parchment paper sling for easier removal after baking.
- in a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. beat in the vanilla and salt.
- add flour, simply tera's bourbon vanilla pure whey protein powder and stir, just until combined, then fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
- lightly press ⅔ of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan using your fingers. pour the cranberries over top, then crumble the remaining dough over the cranberries. It's okay if cranberries can be seen beneath the top layer of shortbread.
- bake for 45-50 minutes, just until the edges are starting to turn golden.
- cool completely before slicing into small bars.