- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup simply tera’s pure whey protein, bourbon vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups diced peeled firm tart apples (such as Spy, Granny Smith)
- in a small bowl toss together sugar, flour, simply tera’s bourbon vanilla protein powder, butter and cinnamon until crumbly.
- set aside.
- in a large bowl whisk together brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- in a separate bowl, sift together flour, soda and salt.
- stir oil mixture into flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- fold in apples, mixing just until combined.
- spoon into greased muffin cups filling 3/4 full.
- sprinkle topping over evenly.
- bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and tops spring back.