Whey Good Alfredo Pasta
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 each teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 scoop tera'swhey plain protein powder
- Healthy pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese (optional, for shredding on top at end)
- Heat medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and garlic and stir briskly.
- Mix 1-2 scoops of tera'swhey Plain Protein Powder with 8-10 pz. milk of choice in a shaker bottle.
- Add milk/protein mixture and veggie broth; stir.
- Begin adding the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring with a whisk to reduce clumps. You can also thicken with extra Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, pesto, cheese and stir.
- Reduce heat slightly and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you notice sauce is too thin, add a bit more flour. If too thick, add more milk.
- Add your favorite whole wheat pasta or zucchini noodles, toss, serve immediately.