tera’s Protein Bread
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups flour (additional 1+ cup for kneading)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 scoops tera'swhey plain protein powder
- Combine water, yeast and sugar into a bowl.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, allowing yeast to bubble.
- Add in sugar, salt and water.
- Add flour one cup at a time. Mix well.
- Lightly flour the surface the dough will be on.
- Cover your hands with flour and knead the dough.
- Add 1 scoop of protein powder at a time.
- Knead until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Let dough rise 20 minutes.
- Lightly grease a bread pan and place in dough. Pat the edges of the dough down to make sure it's level.
- Place bread in oven on the second shelf.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
- Turn the oven up to 420 degrees. Move the bread to the top shelf and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat immediately or store in tight plastic wrap.