Savory Blueberry Coconut Scones
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp (unsweetened) coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (unsweetened) almond milk
- 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 scoops tera'swhey Vanilla Honey Goat protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut shreds
- 1/3 cup organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine egg, coconut oil, almond milk, coconut sugar and whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, whey protein, baking powder and sea salt. Mix well.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in coconut shreds and blueberries.
- Place dough on a cookie sheet in a circle. Gently press the sides to desired height (roughly 1 inch tall).
- Sprinkle the top of the scones with any extra coconut shreds and blueberries.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until scones are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.