Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup tera’swhey® Plain Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons sprouted chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1 cup buttermilk
- -- Submitted by Kelly Miller
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line muffin tins.
- Combine flour, protein powder, sprouted chia seeds, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl and cream together with a spoon or hand mixer until they are light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring between each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and lemon peel.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and incorporate.
- Stir in ½ cup of buttermilk and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Stir entire mixture together until incorporated. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Add two heaping spoons of batter to each muffin cup (cups should be about 1/3 to ½ full).
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and then remove from tins. Let cool completely on a wire rack.