Greek Yogurt-Protein Donuts
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. shortening
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 scoop tera'swhey vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- (for glaze) 4-6 tbsp. hot water
- (for glaze) 1/3 cup butter
- (for glaze) 2 cups powdered sugar
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix sugar and shortening into a large bowl, mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add Greek yogurt and tera'swhey protein powder after all of the dry ingredients have been combined. Once dough has a rough, sandy texture, let chill in the fridge for 1 hour minimum (24 hours maximum).
- Spray donut pans with non-stick cooking spray and heat oven to 365 degrees.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough into pans about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 365 degrees for 17-20 minutes. Let cool in pan, then remove to finish cooling on wire rack.
- (for glaze) Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat.
- (for glaze) Stir in sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in water, 1 tbsp. at a time, until consistency desired is reached.
- Top with sprinkles, powdered sugar, or dip donuts in glaze and let cool on wire rack before consumption.