tera’s Slow-Cooker Sweet Potato Soup
It’s the best time of year to cozy up with some sweet potato soup! At tera’s®, we believe in balance, which is why we value recipes featuring healthy alternatives, like sweet potatoes and coconut milk. Sweet potatoes are filled with Vitamin A and beta-carotene while coconut milk is low in calories and high in calcium. Our Organic Plain Protein Powder is low in sugar and high in protein.
Pairing healthier alternatives with our protein powder is a great way to get your vitamins, proteins and healthy fats all in one meal.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this tasty soup.
- 5 sweet potatoes (diced)
- 2 16 oz coconut milk
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 scoops plain whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Toppings: handful of chives or parsley leaves
- Dice sweet potatoes and onions and pour into crockpot.
- Pour in coconut milk, and protein powder. Mix well.
- Add spices. Mix well.
- Cook on high for 6 hours (or low for 8).
- Once cooked, if a smoother consistency is desired, pour into a blender and blend.
What are some of your favorite comfort soup recipes? Share with us @tera’swhey!