Happy Cinco de Mayo | Let’s Taco Dip!
Cinco de Mayo has fallen on a Thursday. Perfect much?
We love Taco Thursday! We love the spices in our taco packets, we love the sour cream on top of our lettuce and tomatoes, we love it all- except sometimes we wish we could make it a little more healthy…
The amazing news! We recently whipped up this nutritious, delicious and protein packed 5 layer taco dip (cue the maracas!). With ingredients like tera’swhey® Simply Pure Plain Whey Protein, Greek yogurt, avocado, tomatoes, and so many more, this dip is the perfect way to eat healthy without losing the flavors you love.
¼ cup lettuce (shredded), ¼ cup cheese, ¼ cup green onions, ¼ cup black olives, 3 medium/large avocados, 2 cups Greek yogurt *plain, 2 scoops (1oz) tera’swhey® Simply Pure Plain Whey Protein, 5 tomatoes (use the flesh of the tomato, not the seeds), 1 small finely diced red onion, 1 cup corn or black beans (corn: use canned and drain it properly), ¼ cup fresh cilantro (or more to taste), 1 tbsp. parsley
Taco Seasoning: ½ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp pepper, 1 tbsp. chili powder, ½ tsp garlic salt, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, ¼ tsp seasoned salt (more if sweeter taste is desired), ½ tsp basil.
Dippers (optional): celery stalk, 2 red peppers, 2 yellow peppers.
- Wash, dice and place vegetables in their own bowls
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, parsley and set aside. (Dry the flesh of the tomato by placing on paper toweling until moisture is minimized.)
- Combine Greek yogurt, tera’swhey® Simply Pure Plain Whey Protein and taco seasoning. Stir until spices are equally distributed and texture is smooth.
- Mash the avocado (we used a potato masher) until you reach the desired consistency. Add a pinch of pepper.
- Set up individual canisters (or one pan) for dip to be placed in. Place in any order into the canisters. (We layered ours with corn, tomato/onion mixture, Greek yogurt/ tera’swhey® Simply Pure Plain Whey Protein mixture, avocado, and finally topped it off with lettuce, olives, and cheese and green onions to garnish.)
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
For extra nutrition, swap out the chips for some vegetables! We tried red and yellow peppers and celery. SO GOOD.