Fall into some fun!
Fall is finally here! We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 activities that we think that you should do this fall. What are you waiting for? Jump in the leaves already!
1. Go pumpkin picking – Make it a game! Challenge the people that you are with to find the biggest, dirtiest, or wartiest pumpkin. The winner gets a pumpkin and cider.
2. Go horseback riding – Horseback riding is fun no matter what time of year it is, but riding when the leaves are turning colors is just breathtaking.
3. Get back into (or continue) baking – Fall is the perfect season to spend some time in the kitchen perfecting that pumpkin pie recipe. From cookies to pumpkin pie smoothies, there is a new recipe adventure to embark on every day.
4. Go on a bike ride – If it’s not too chilly, hop on your bike and go for a nice autumn cruise around the neighborhood.
5. DIY fall crafts – Break out the scissors and paint and get to work on some new crafts for fall. Pinterest is full of ideas from wreaths to creative ways to decorate pumpkins.
6. Volunteer – It’s always a good idea to lend a hand, and during fall is no exception. Check out local humane societies, farmers markets, or food pantries to see if they need extra help.
7. Go apple picking – Picking apples is probably one of the most popular things to do in fall, and for good reason. It’s a cheap activity and is a great way to hang out with friends and family in nature. We all need a little more nature in our lives anyway. Once you get home, make anything apple flavored: apple pie, apple sauce, or my personal favorite, apple crumble pie.
8. Rake your grandparents (or parents) leaves – Even though it might seem like a chore, raking leaves always comes with a bonus: jumping in them afterward! Plus, you will be doing your good deed for the day.
9. Clean out your closet – Now is a good time to go through your old clothes and toss, donate or sell things that you no longer wear. Then buy one nice comfy sweater as a reward.
10. Eat healthier – Now is the time to buckle down and really focus on healthy habits. Since you might be cutting back on outdoor activities due to the colder weather, you should also cut back on things like, going out to eat more than once a week or having dessert after every meal. Think of it as a trade, if you aren’t being as active, then you should be eating healthier. Put the brownie down and pick up that apple, I mean you have a ton from apple picking right?
No matter what you do this fall, make sure you stay safe and healthy and surround yourself with friends and family. Take the fall season to reflect on all of the good things in your life.