Creamy Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
Matcha, Matcha, Matcha—the new ingredient perfect for smoothies. The tera’s team decided to experiment with this trendy ingredient and add it to one of our smoothies. We used an organic matcha green tea powder to boost our smoothie full of antioxidants, energy, and EGCG (a phytochemical that improves brain and heart health). Want to try it out but not sure what flavors matcha will taste good with? Give our recipe a try—the flavors blend perfectly!
- 1 t. Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 banana
- Coconut water (add as much to reach desired consistency)
- 1 container (about 2/3 c.) plain greek yogurt – We used Chobani
- A few ice cubes
- 1 serving (2 scoops) tera’swhey bourbon vanilla whey protein powder
- Optional: a handful of your favorite fruit (for extra sweetness and flavor)
- Blend the coconut water and protein powder alone first so the protein is well blended.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy the delicious protein smoothie!