Childhood is Calling- Protein Dirt Cups
It’s National Gummy Worm Day. Time to relive the childhood glory days- plus, who doesn’t love dirt cups? Whether you’re looking for some sweet nostalgia or trying to sneak some protein into your family’s treat, this is the perfect way to do it. And, it’s as quick as dessert gets!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 container 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 package (15 oz) chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 1 small package gummy worms
- 2-4 scoops tera’swhey® Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Dark Chocolate Cocoa protein powder (to taste)
- Add chocolate sandwich cookies to a gallon-sized plastic zipper bag. With a rolling pin (or round water bottle), roll over cookies until they’re crushed evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and instant pudding and whisk for 2 minutes. Allow pudding to set for 5 minutes.
- Add whey protein powder, approximately half of the crushed Oreos, and 8 oz tub of Cool Whip. Mix until well blended.
- Drop into cups with approximately ½ cup of pudding, sprinkle top with gummy worms and remaining crushed Oreos.
- Serve immediately or let set in the refrigerator for a few hours. Enjoy!