Breakfast is the best, but it can get a little repetitive. Why not mix it up a little? Try this blueberry, lemon and whey protein bread; it will surely make its way into your favorite breakfast rotation!
Not only is this a breakfast (or snack) you can take with you on the go, but it will taste great with your morning cup of coffee! So great, that you might actually forget you’re headed to work.
-Dry- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 2 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. salt, 2 scoops teraswhey plain protein powder
-Wet- 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 cup sugar, 3 large eggs, ½ tsp. vanilla extract, ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 tsp. lemon zest (freshly grated)
- Combine (dry ingredients) flour, baking powder, salt, and protein powder in medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Combine (wet ingredients) Greek yogurt, blueberries, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and lemon zest in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then whisk until smooth.
- Grease the bread pan.
- Pour batter into the bread pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack after 15 minutes to finish cooling.